Monday, May 19, 2008

2008 B2B RR :D


So Sunday was bay to breakers, this is a crazy little race (65,000 +) people and no one know how many bandits “run” it as well. We were in costume this year, I feel that we did a great job with them, we were ladies going to a masquerade ball and DS was the court jester. We had a lot of people want to take our pictures; we were also photographed by people who do the B2B marketing I think, not sure who they were but they popped up every on and then and I signed a photo release.

It took up 35 min to get to the start line by this time the elites were done. There seemed to be a lot more people this year then in years past. We finished in 2:09:20 a whole 9 min better the last year. Not a PR but this is not the race for that to happen.

We went to the expo to get our packets; we got the boys just fine, but they were unable to find mine. I was kind pissed off just a little but, ok a lot but I got over it. I liked the # I was given, but no I had some stupid generic #, but when we did the time check it had my name on it so it all worked out.

Naked….hmmmmm, as always there was naked at the race, the only one that stands out was a guy that was on the sidelines with his package wrapped in plastic wrap, so I guess he was not “naked” but wow was that not a good look, it was moist and smashed looking. Not good!!! As we were standing the long line for the bus, there were people talking about the naked runners, and how perverted they thought they were. Can you say closed minded? I am guessing they were not from SF.

I got to meet some of the people from the BF (beginner’s forum on Runner’s World) that were having a FE. It was kind fun to faces to names. I do think that they thought we were kinda weird, but that is part of the charm of B2B all the weirdness that happens.

No comments: