Friday, May 16, 2008

Tapper Madness, sheesh who knew.

So, people who train for distance races always talk about tapering the week before the race. There is some debate as to how much one should tapper, if some one should tapper at all, and if there is tapper madness. I would like to say that I am not training for any great distance, it is just a 12k, but I do know myself and race tendencies, I need a few non running days before my race. This may not be true for everyone, and it my work to my disadvantage, due to pent up energy (maybe that is my race day problem right there,will have to look in to that). I guess my person is in the routine of running on Friday mornings, but no run today and I am in a grumpy mood. I can't wait for the tapper that comes with the 1/2 training, sheesh I am going to be a mess, but I guess I know it is coming so maybe it will be OK. I hope!

No comments: