Friday, October 3, 2008

Expo Adventure

I am now on my way to the expo to pick up my packet. That makes this all very real now. Once I have the number it is really happening. I have been kinda crazy this week, it has hit me hard that I am about to take on this huge task of running a half marathon with little training not as much as one really needs to be successful at this task at hand, I did have a good 10 mile run on Sunday of last week so it is not all bad I guess. I know that I will be able to finish it, this being my first one there is no need to worry about a PR that is what I will have no matter how bad it is. The goal was to finish and that I will be able to do, so then way all the fuss about this race why is this one different than any of the other ones that I have run, I get crazy before them too but not like this why is this one a bigger deal for me. Is it because we have been thinking about this one for about a year now, is it that I have run badly in San Jose before, is it just the fact that I have never run a ½ before. I have a problem with starting out to fast at every race I have ever done I know this but somehow it doesn’t keep me from doing it. So what do you tell someone that start all fast and then burns out before even half of the race? Take is slow and easy so far has not worked for me , I know it is all about running your own race, you can’t run anyone else race, this is true for just a training run when you’re running partner is faster than you, and yet somehow it makes me mad when I cannot keep up with her. So what do I tell myself on Sunday, run my own race don’t worry about her or anyone else. Is that going to work for me? Is that going to make it a better run, not a battle with my body to just finish? Me giving all I have and then some just to have a crappy time? I would like to have a good run this time, and every time but this time for sure. Every one says that these races are a lot of fun to run but I take them to seriously I guess I don’t have fun at races. So the one thing I am going to do for sure on Sunday is have a good time, it is not that serious that I need to be all upset about it. I love to run and I can run it is not very fast but it is still running. That is really that this is required of me is to run and have fun. We will see how that goes.

No comments: