Saturday, September 13, 2008

My not really Running America 08

Photobucket

Well, I am all done running with greatness. We got there at 4 am and meet some of the other runners and a film crew from HBO was there we stood around and talked to the crew and each other. That part was nice, one of the runners was from FL she really wanted to run with Charlie, she is going to try to run with him in New York for the final leg. She talked a lot, so I made sure I stood next to her so I may be on film:) Charil finally showed up, we were given the official stickers and t-shirts that I will not be able to wear any time soon it is a size large, because all runners are a size large, right? we took pictures on the steps of City Hall and then they were off, yes I said they. I made it about 2 blocks before I just could not keep up with them. My chase team picked me up and we followed along the caravan with the other chase cars. I don't run 12 mm not unless it is downhill with a strong tail wind pushing me on roller skates. I guess I sound a little bitter, but I was not told that 12 mm was the minimum that you needed to move. "Anyone and everyone is eligible for submissions, no matter how young, or old, no matter if you are disabled, or if you have never run before. Great opportunity to be in front of the cameras, potentially meet some celebrities, and be a part of history." No where in that statement is there anything about 12 min miles. I am just feeling a little let down. We did follow the runner and crew so that was kinda cool. We crossed the golden gate bridge, and were able to watch then come across that is awesome to see. I was able to wish Charlie well and thank him for this unique opportunity to come out and do this with him, I told him that I fell off in the first few blocks, because they were too fast for me. He hugged me and told me that he was sorry that they were moving so fast and to keep it up.

Would I do this kinda thing again? Maybe the city is beautiful at that time of the day and i got to meet a running legend. It was not all bad, it will be interesting to see if I make the film :D

1 comment:

CurrentlyVince said...

Hmmm. They did leave out some really important fine print! It's too bad I don't subscribe to cable, or I'd be marking my calendar for your screen appearance!

And it's more than time to add you to my Blogroll. :)