Monday, May 12, 2008

Well I did it, I ran 5 miles yesterday. WHOOOOHOOOOO!!!! So it was going to be a run with my training partner but she flaked on me, at first I was kinda pissed off about it, but then it dawned on me what it means that I could run where ever I wanted to. So off I went. Up was the theme of the day. The first hill that I came to was long steady climb, then there was some nice rolling hills much shorter then the first one. Then the next one was a steep short hill that one just about killed me, after I got to the top of that hill it was mostly downhill from there( in a good way). I ran through the downtown area, it was pretty quiet on a sunday at 9an. I thought I had go far enough to cut down and start heading for home but I missed by 2 block and had to run around the high school. Then I dropped back in to the area near home, which would take me my last 2 miles back home. I was feeling pretty strong leading up to mile 4 but then started to slowdown a bit. I got second wind and finished strong. 1:21 for 5 miles, not setting any land speed records, but when I start running 10 miles I will not be out there for 4 hours :D I hope any way. At the end of the run there were fist pumping and woohoos!! That is the farthest I have run the whole distance today. See what my training partner missed.

No comments: